What is carbon monoxide?

Carbon monoxide (CO) is an invisible, odorless and tasteless gas. It’s created by incomplete fuel combustion often caused by insufficient oxygen. In your house, appliances that need natural gas, charcoal, wood or kerosene are susceptible. Especially if they are not working accurately or have been installed improperly.

Vehicle exhaust fumes from nearby garages, as well as fireplaces that aren’t working right may also produce carbon monoxide. CO is toxic to the body and is deadly at heightened levels or with prolonged exposure.