Stopping it from happening is the most critical place to begin. Taking proper safety precautions will lower your risk of carbon monoxide poisoning in the Niagara Region.
Here are a few steps you can take to protect your family:
- Heat up your car out of your garage. Cars are a large source of carbon monoxide poisoning, so don’t leave yours on in the small space of a garage. The same goes for gas equipment like lawn mowers or snowmobiles.
- Don’t run ovens or grills as heaters. These appliances are safe when used properly but can make carbon monoxide when run for a long period of time in small spaces.
- Don’t operate a gas generator indoors, since it produces fumes.
- Have your chimney examined by a pro. This ensures chimneys and vents are clear and connected correctly.
- Verify gas appliances are working accurately, including your heating system. You can make sure you’re receiving efficient, safe comfort by booking routine furnace maintenance with Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning.