Having a carbon monoxide detector in a central spot is the recommended way to detect this deadly gas. Carbon monoxide is colorless, odorless and is deadly in big concentrations.
A carbon monoxide detector is like a smoke alarm. It checks the air and beeps if carbon monoxide concentration is increasing. Ideally, you should use at minimum one detector close to each living area, or on each floor in your residence. These detectors are best installed in combination with our HVAC maintenance memberships, which keep your unit in top condition and may help you prevent carbon monoxide in the Niagara Region.