Air conditioners don’t last indefinitely, regardless of the brand or quality. If you’re getting ready for air conditioning replacement in the Niagara Region, you could be wondering—should you also book furnace replacement too? It differs based on your situation.
Here are several things to think about, plus the advantages of avoiding a mismatched furnace and air conditioner.
Things to Ask When Considering Air Conditioning Replacement and Furnace Replacement at the Same Time
Here are the most important questions to answer prior to making your decision:
- How long have you had your furnace? Furnaces can work up to 20 years, while air conditioners run for about 15 years. If your furnace is more than a 15 years old, we recommend replacing it alongside your air conditioner. If it’s much less than 15 years old than this, you can probably wait.
- What type of air conditioner are you buying? A lot of homeowners are getting rid of their old, single-stage air conditioners for variable-speed models. This conserves energy and maximizes comfort by operating at multiple speeds. Air conditioners rely on the furnace blower to move air. So, if you rely on a single-stage furnace, you’ll have to get a new one to get the complete comfort and advantages of a matched variable-speed system.
- Can your furnace provide the correct air flow? Your furnace needs to circulate the correct amount of air to keep your house the right temperature. A modern air conditioner may need a different indoor coil. So, it’s crucial your furnace is correctly sized for the new air conditioner. An Expert technician, for instance one from Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning, can estimate that static pressure of your system and offer the right recommendation.
- Is the installation complicated? You’ll make it easier on your technician and your pocketbook if you get new components together.
Why You Should Replace Your Furnace and Air Conditioner Together
If your furnace and air conditioner work together and are properly sized, there aren’t usually any major short-term outcomes. A mismatched setup is typically temporary until the other system stops working. You can skip the short-term repair by replacing your furnace and air conditioner at the same time. And, you’ll reap these advantages:
- Improved efficiency: By “matching” your air conditioner and furnace, you’ll ensure everything runs at the best efficiency, making your family more comfortable and decreasing your monthly heating and cooling bills.
- Reduced HVAC repairs: If you put in new air conditioning but keep the old furnace, you never know when it may break down for good. In the meantime, you’ll pay for repairs that could have gone toward an upgraded furnace.
- Possible discounts: You can save on labor by having both put in during the same appointment. And you may even be authorized for an exclusive deal because you’re bundling new heating and cooling equipment.
If it’s time to replace your mismatched furnace and air conditioner, you can trust Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning. We realize the cost of replacing your complete system can worry you, so we’ll make your investment reasonable through special discounts or our stress-free Advantage Program™. You can enjoy a new, high-efficiency furnace and air conditioner at no money down and just one small monthly expense. And all maintenance and repairs later on are covered!*
You can feel good knowing that our team is highly trained, experienced and NATE-certified to ensure a job done right the first time. Plus, we give you a one-year 100% Satisfaction Guarantee.** Contact us at 289-273-2229 to get an HVAC installation estimate now!
*Some exclusions apply.
**Not applicable to the Advantage Program. See your signed Advantage program Agreement for full details and exclusions. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is subject to certain restrictions and limitations as set forth in the applicable Terms and Conditions.