Air conditioners don’t last forever, no matter the brand or quality. If you’re getting ready for air conditioning replacement in the Niagara Region, you may be wondering—should you also book furnace replacement too? It varies based on your situation.
Here are a few things to think over, plus the advantages of avoiding a mismatched furnace and air conditioner.
Things to Ask When Considering Air Conditioning Replacement and Furnace Replacement at the Same Time
Here are the most important questions to answer in advance of making your decision:
- How old is your furnace? Furnaces can run up to 20 years, while air conditioners work for about 15 years. If your furnace is more than a 15 years old, we recommend replacing it alongside your air conditioner. If it’s much less than 15 years old than this, you can usually wait.
- What model of air conditioner are you installing? Lots of homeowners are getting rid of their old, single-stage air conditioners for variable-speed models. This uses less energy and maximizes comfort by working at multiple speeds. Air conditioners depend on the furnace blower to move air. So, if you use a single-stage furnace, you’ll have to get a new one to realize the complete comfort and advantages of a matched variable-speed system.
- Can your furnace provide the correct air flow? Your furnace needs to circulate the right amount of air to keep your residence the right temperature. A modern air conditioner may call for a different indoor coil. So, it’s crucial your furnace is correctly sized for the new air conditioner. An Expert technician, such as one from Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning, can estimate that static pressure of your system and offer the right recommendation.
- Is the installation complicated? You’ll make it easier on your technician and your pocketbook if you install both components simultaneously.
Why You Should Get a New Furnace and Air Conditioner Simultaneously
If your furnace and air conditioner work together and are properly sized, there aren’t usually any major short-term outcomes. A mismatched setup is typically temporary until the other system stops working. You can skip the short-term repair by replacing your furnace and air conditioner simultaneously. And, you’ll reap these advantages:
- Improved efficiency: By “matching” your air conditioner and furnace, you’ll ensure everything runs at the best efficiency, making your residence more comfortable and decreasing your ongoing heating and cooling expenses.
- Reduced HVAC repairs: If you put in new air conditioning but keep the old furnace, you never know when it may break down for good. In the meantime, you’ll pay for repairs that could have covered an upgraded furnace.
- Possible discounts: You can save on labor by having both replaced during the same appointment. And you may even be authorized for an exclusive deal because you’re bundling new heating and cooling equipment.
If it’s time to replace your mismatched furnace and air conditioner, you can trust Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning. We realize the cost of replacing your complete system might concern you, so we’ll make your investment economical through special discounts or our stress-free Advantage Program™. You can enjoy a new, high-efficiency furnace and air conditioner at no money down and just one reasonable monthly price. And all maintenance and repairs down the road are taken care of!*
You can feel good knowing that our team is highly trained, experienced and NATE-certified to ensure a job done right the first time. Plus, we give you a one-year 100% Satisfaction Guarantee.** Contact us at 289-273-2229 to get an HVAC installation estimate right away!
*Some exclusions apply.
**Not applicable to the Advantage Program. See your signed Advantage program Agreement for full details and exclusions. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is subject to certain restrictions and limitations as set forth in the applicable Terms and Conditions.