Summer is normally a hectic time of year for many families in the Niagara Region. Whether it’s a family reunion, an extended vacation or any number of other outdoor activities, summer not only brings about crazy schedules, but that dreaded the Niagara Region heat as well.
We know you’ve already covered all of your AC repair and air conditioner service needs well in advance of summer, so what else can you do to stay cool during those days where you can’t get away to an air conditioned oasis? Health Canada has a couple pointers:
Spending time outdoors is what summer is all about, but staying safe in the the Niagara Region heat is a requirement. And when you do finally make it back to air conditioning, make sure you’ve taken care of all of your AC repair and air conditioner service needs so you do not have to worry about it breaking down in the heat of the summer. Give Niagara Home Services by Enercare a call at 289-273-2229 or set up an appointment online if you have any questions about potential AC repair or how you can make certain that your air conditioner is running at its best in the the Niagara Region heat.
- Stay in an air conditioned area as much as you can. Of course, outdoor activities make this hard, but if you are able to take a quick break and take advantage an air conditioned building at a park or a vehicle’s air conditioning, do so.
- Drink plenty of fluids. Sip on your drink even if you don't consider yourself thirsty, as thirst can be an early sign of dehydration. If you begin to experience muscle cramping, take a break as it may also be an early sign of dehydration or another heat-related illness.
- Take precautions when organizing outdoor activities. Any type of workout or athletic practices should be completed earlier or later in the day when the the Niagara Region temperatures are lower.
- Dress to stay cooler in hot temperatures. Light-colored, lightweight and loose-fitting clothing are your best choice.
- Keep your shower or bath a little colder than typical. It can help you cool down a bit quicker so you can get back to basking in your home’s air conditioning.