Summer is normally a hectic time of year for many families in Niagara Falls. Whether it’s a family reunion, an extended vacation or any variety of other outdoor activities, summer not only brings about crazy schedules, but that dreaded Niagara Falls heat as well.
We know you’ve already covered all of your AC repair and air conditioner service needs well in advance of summer, so what else can you do to keep cool during those days where you can’t escape to an air conditioned oasis? Health Canada has a few pointers:
Spending time outdoors is what summer is all about, but staying safe in the Niagara Falls heat is a requirement. And when you do finally make it back to air conditioning, make sure you’ve handled all of your AC repair and air conditioner service needs so you do not have to worry about it going out in the heat of the summer. Give Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning a call at or set up an appointment online if you have any questions about potential AC repair or how you can make certain that your air conditioner is working at its best in the Niagara Falls heat.
- Stay in an air conditioned area as much as you can. Of course, outdoor activities make this difficult, but if you are able to take a short break and take advantage an air conditioned building at a park or a vehicle’s air conditioning, take advantage of it.
- Drink plenty of fluids. Sip on your drink even if you don't consider yourself thirsty, as thirst can be an early sign of dehydration. If you begin having muscle cramps, take a breather as it may also be an early indicator of dehydration or another heat-related illness.
- Take precautions when organizing outdoor activities. Any type of workout or athletic practices should be completed earlier or later in the day when the Niagara Falls temperatures are lower.
- Dress to stay cooler in high temperatures. Light-colored, lightweight and loose-fitting clothing are your best bet.
- Keep your shower or bath a little cooler than typical. It can help you cool down a bit quicker so you can get back to enjoying your home’s air conditioning.