Building a new home? Upgrading your current unit? Whatever the reason why you’re shopping for an air conditioner, you could shortly come to the conclusion that you have more alternatives than you initially thought. Follow this info to help you compare four different solutions so you can choose the ideal air conditioner in the Niagara Region.
Central Air Conditioning
This is what many people bring to mind when they imagine air conditioning for the complete house. Central air conditioning moves air to every room with a system of ducts and registers.
This could be great for you if:
- Your home has ductwork.
- You currently have a furnace or air handler.
- You want nearly noiseless, convenient cooling.
Air-Source Heat Pump
In hot weather, heat pumps run much like central air conditioners. Many models can also deliver heat when it’s cold.
This might be ideal for you if:
- Your residence has ductwork.
- Your home is in a climate with temperate weather during the winter.
- You want a lone piece of equipment for all-season heating and cooling, rather than a regular furnace and air conditioner.
- Your home doesn’t have (or you don’t want) natural or propane gas.
- You want nearly noiseless, energy-efficient operation.
Geothermal Heat Pump
The ground under your feet hovers at a consistent 55 degrees throughout the year. A geothermal heat pump takes advantage of this constant source of energy with underground loops for incredible heating and cooling efficiency.
This can be ideal for you if:
- Your home utilizes ductwork.
- You desire one piece of equipment for energy-efficient heating and cooling.
- You have enough land around your home for the underground loops.
This is another type of heat pump. With ductless mini-splits, an outdoor unit hooks up with an indoor blower unit fixed to a wall or ceiling. This doesn’t call for any ductwork and keeps your windows protected.
This could be ideal for you if:
- Your residence, or an immediate add-on to it, doesn’t have ductwork.
- You’re looking for an energy-efficient solution for heating and cooling single spaces.
- You’re seeking to install zoning in your house.
Don’t know which style of air conditioner you should get? Rely on the Experts at Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning for all things air conditioning! We can talk through your options and help you pick the ideal one for your home. Please contact us at 289-273-2229 to request an air conditioning replacement estimate now.