How Do You Test for Carbon Monoxide?

There are a multitude of gases that could be within your the Niagara Region house. Natural gas and gases that originate from home fixtures, carpeting and paints. None of them are as hazardous as carbon monoxide.

Call Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning at 289-273-2229 right away to begin defending your loved ones against this harmful gas.

Why is Carbon Monoxide so Detrimental to Your Health?

Carbon monoxide may be a big deal, so it’s not a situation to joke about.

1. You Can’t Smell It

Carbon monoxide is so unsafe because you aren’t able to observe it, smell it with your nose or detect it with your taste buds. It’s nonirritating in low doses and can’t be filtrated.

2. It Can Be Fatal in Just a Few Minutes

Carbon monoxide is a result of burnt fuel. It can leak into your house during the heating season if the heat exchanger on your gas furnace breaks. Based on how large the leak is and the airflow in a home, it can become deadly in only a few minutes.

Once taken in, the gas has a half-life of about five hours. If you are inhaling pure air, it requires five hours to take it out of your system. You will need an additional five hours to reduce that level by half.

3. Carbon Monoxide Reaction Can Resemble Other Illnesses

Carbon monoxide may also cause conditions that can be confused with the flu, viral infections and chronic fatigue syndrome, among other illnesses.

How to Protect Your Family from Carbon Monoxide

There’s no reason to take a chance with carbon monoxide poisoning.

Here are several ways you can take to keep your house safe:

  1. Every home with at least one fuel-burning appliance, connected garage or fireplace should have a carbon monoxide system. You need to have a detector on every level of your home, including the basement and garage. You also should have one installed inside or outside of each bedroom. Don’t use a carbon monoxide detector in your residence?
    Call Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning at 289-273-2229 to get one. Ask our specialists about our economical Wi-Fi carbon monoxide systems.
  2. If you currently have a carbon monoxide system, consistently test or swap out the batteries. You should look at batteries every 90 days, and replace the alarm every three to five years.
  3. If your carbon monoxide alarm alerts you to danger, get out of your home immediately and phone 911.

Protect Your Loved Ones with Assistance from Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning

Carbon monoxide doesn’t have to be scary, and with the recommended actions your house can be safe from the dangerous gas. Make the proper changes and call Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning at 289-273-2229 to learn more.