How Do You Test for Carbon Monoxide?

There are a lot of gases that could be within your Niagara Falls house. Natural gas and gases that come from home fixtures, carpeting and paints. None of these fumes are as threatening as carbon monoxide.

Call Niagara Home Services by Enercare at 289-273-2229 right away to get started shielding your loved ones against this dangerous gas.

Why is Carbon Monoxide so Deadly?

Carbon monoxide might be a big deal, so it’s not a situation to take lightly.

1. You Can’t Taste It

Carbon monoxide is hazardous because you aren’t able to view it, smell it with your nose or detect it with your taste buds. It doesn’t cause irritation in little doses and can’t be purified.

2. It Can Be Deadly After Only Minutes

Carbon monoxide is a result of burnt fuel. It can leak into your house during the heating season if the heat exchanger on your gas furnace breaks. Depending on how big the leak is and the circulation in a home, it can become deadly in just a few minutes.

Once taken in, it has a half-life of about five hours. If you are taking in clean air, it requires five hours to remove it from your system. It requires an additional five hours to reduce that level by half.

3. Carbon Monoxide Reaction Can Resemble Other Illnesses

Carbon monoxide may also mirror illnesses that can be confused with the flu, viral infections and chronic fatigue syndrome, among other illnesses.

How to Protect Your Home from Carbon Monoxide

There’s no reason to take a chance with carbon monoxide poisoning.

Here are some ways you can do to keep your house safe:

  1. Every home with at least one fuel-burning heater, adjoined garage or fireplace should have a carbon monoxide detector. You should have a detector on every level of your home, including the basement and garage. You also should have one installed inside or outside of each bedroom. Don’t use a carbon monoxide detector in your residence?
    Call Niagara Home Services by Enercare at 289-273-2229 to get one. Ask our specialists about our economical Wi-Fi carbon monoxide systems.
  2. If you currently have a carbon monoxide system, consistently look at or swap out the batteries. You should look at batteries every season, and replace the system every three to five years.
  3. If your carbon monoxide alarm alerts you to danger, get out of your home immediately and phone 911.

Keep Your Family Safe with Assistance from Niagara Home Services by Enercare

Carbon monoxide doesn’t have to be scary, and with the recommended actions your family can be safe from the dangerous gas. Take the necessary steps and call Niagara Home Services by Enercare at 289-273-2229 to learn more.