No matter what the weather outside in the Niagara Region, the temperature in your house influences how comfortable it will feel. Find the right temp and your space will be a nice escape from the world. But if your climate control system isn’t working properly, you’ll feel it. And it won’t be pleasant.
Get ready for a thorough look at the manner you’re managing your home comfort system. It might make the difference between a solid system or a pathetic performer. Work through this brief quiz from Niagara Home Services by Enercare to see how you stack up.
- The warm season is almost here in the Niagara Region. How do you prepare your air conditioner?
- Swap out the HVAC filter and clear up the vents. Then it’s ready.
- Call in the professionals for a seasonal checkup.
- Not a thing. It will probably be fine.
- You’re having a get-together on a particularly warm night, but the AC isn’t cooling your space. What’s your first step?
- Tell my guests to bring iced beverages.
- Call for an emergency repair to get it functioning before anyone arrives.
- Plug in my fans and wish for a strong breeze.
- Your current HVAC is pretty old. What happens when it’s time for it to retire?
- Have my contractor to select one and pay for it with a credit card.
- Save worries and charges by subscribing to a monthly home comfort subscription.
- Select the most costly system available in the Niagara Region.
- When you open your next monthly utility bill, what do you expect you’ll discover?
- It will have a hefty price tag. My HVAC charges have skyrocketed.
- It will be close to the expenses for the same month last year.
- I can’t know for certain until I see it. Some of them aren’t bad, but others are a surprise.
- Your heating and cooling system is making a weird noise. What’s your next step?
- Dig out my toolbox and kill a weekend trying to fix it.
- Call an Expert technician to take a look.
- Don’t think about it and wait until it ends.
Time to tally your results. If you chose mostly Bs, your heating and cooling tendencies are right on. You’re taking care of your machine and you have a plan for replacement. But if you responded to any of these problems with As or Cs, you should make a number of changes to help your HVAC perform more effectively. Keep going to find out how.
Improved HVAC Habits to Help Protect Your Home
Set Up Seasonal Maintenance While swapping out your air filter and sprucing up your vents are useful tasks to prep your equipment for a season change, a professional maintenance visit is critical to finish the process. During a maintenance visit, your pro technician will handle a series of tasks that maximize the energy efficiency Expert will keep an eye out for more severe issues for your system. That could save you a high-priced breakdown later in the season.
Select a heating and cooling company that offers emergency repairs. Even meticulously maintained home comfort systems can have trouble on occasion. And it always seems to crop up at the least convenient times. A company with 24/7 emergency service can manage the headache and discomfort. The Service Experts Advantage Program provides that crucial service to homes at no added cost.
Have a plan for your HVAC system replacement. Some HVAC systems can operate for 10 to 15 years, but they can’t last forever. Make a plan now to evade last-minute pressure when your machine takes its ultimate bow. The Service Experts Advantage Program™ can be useful. It brings you a new high-efficiency heating and cooling system with no up-front expenses. And as an added bonus, the program includes free maintenance and repairs.
Keep track of your monthly energy costs and call us when they dramatically change. Your power bills can tell you more than your monthly costs. If you’re seeing a stable hike in your costs but no change in home comfort, something is definitely occurring with your system. A new high-efficiency system can provide you peace of mind with more constant energy usage—and that means fewer unknown amounts on your bill.
Act when you notice an odd noise from your heating and cooling system. That noise is more than annoying. It demonstrates something is off with your system. Even if it’s a relatively small trouble, left without a repair it could make for a high-priced repair down the road. Don’t try to repair it yourself. Leave it to the professionals to figure out and fix it.
Your home comfort system can cost you quite a lot when you don’t manage it. If you apply these tips, you could save time, extra costs and irritation. And if your equipment just isn’t helping anymore, contemplate selecting one through the Service Experts Advantage Program. It can find you an updated energy-efficient system with no up-front costs and free maintenance and repairs.
To learn more, give us a call or schedule an appointment online. We’re happy to help!