Booking regular AC maintenance is worthwhile.
Checkups keep your air conditioning equipment in the Niagara Region running at its top performance while keeping energy consumption down. It also could even help lengthen its life span.
While there are several things you can complete by yourself, you should call the Experts, like the ones at Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning, for AC examinations and service.
Here are a few steps you can do on your own as you get ready for summer.
Get Your AC Service Booked
Spring is a time of renewal, and to many that includes a big dose of indoors, garage and yard cleaning. With the hotter weather near, it’s also a great idea to include AC maintenance on that listing.
Spring is the perfect time of year to get your air conditioning equipment freshened and inspected. Delaying to turn it on until the first warm day of the year can be a gamble. If you have to schedule repair or installation, you could be waiting awhile for a tech. And that may get awfully unpleasant.
And for those with allergies, being ahead of the game with a clean AC system will help ensure the best indoor air quality when it’s pollen season.
Additionally, air conditioning service could be a requirement for your equipment’s manufacturer warranty or any additional extended warranty.
Can I Do Service Myself?
There are procedures that you can do to help keep your AC unit in the ultimate state:
- Put in a new air filter. Filthy filters restrict airflow and may decrease your system’s efficiency. While the replacement timeline depends on the model you have, the U.S. Department of Energy advises each month or two. This is especially necessary if you have been diagnosed with allergies or have animals in your home.
- Lawn work around the outside condenser. Make sure there’s no grass, weeds or bushes close to your AC equipment. We advise keeping 2–3 feet of free room. You should also get rid of any leaves or sticks that have dropped into your equipment, as this might block airflow.
Let the Pros Manage the Rest
What’s left to accomplish? If you get in touch with Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning at 289-273-2229, the initial thing we might do is compliment you for all the tasks you’ve already completed. Then our pros begin the finer details. We’ll check your system and make sure it’s operating properly with these steps:
- Tightening electrical connections to deliver secure comfort.
- Oiling to keep moving components working smoothly and potentially avoid issues.
- Rinsing the condensate drain line to clear leak-creating mold and blockages.
- Straightening coil fins to stop reduced airflow.
- Cleansing the outdoor coil to get rid of any blockage from dust and weeds.
- Examining controls to ensure your system is starting, cooling and shutting down properly.
- Analyzing the operating temperature parameters to ensure your system has the correct refrigeration charge.
If we find issues that need additional service, we are set to give you the most reasonable solution. Locating potential troubles in a timely manner may solve more substantial troubles in the future. This also offers you time to strategize if your AC is getting outdated.
When you are seeking a modern AC system, our Experts will work with you to select the best solution for your budget. We also offer financing to help make your new unit work for your budget. Whatever your AC needs are, you can rest easy knowing our Experts have you covered.
Ready to request your tune-up? Call us at 289-273-2229 or schedule an appointment online right away.