Spring is enjoyable for a couple reasons: flowers bloom, you can crack windows for outdoor air and your utility bill is often at its most economical. That’s because you’re not relying on your heating or air.
But as temps begin to increase, so do your energy charges. Here are a few tips for saving energy in the Niagara Region and keeping costs less expensive.
1. Schedule Annual AC Maintenance
Giving your AC system a seasonal maintenance appointment can help it work more efficiently and lower costs. Changing out your air filter will help keep power costs low.
If your air conditioning equipment has seen better days, spring is a smart time to upgrade it. The energy-saving technology in modern AC systems is a big advantage for keeping your energy charges down.
2. Turn to Your Thermostat
There’s a straightforward way you can save up to 10% on home comfort bills. Just set your thermostat back 7–10 degrees for 8 hours each day.
Understanding how to effectively use your thermostat is the easiest way to lower energy costs in the summer.
- Set your thermostat as high as comfortably possible when you’re around at home. Consider it this way, the less significant the difference between exterior temperatures and indoor temperatures, the smaller your energy cost will be.
- When you’re away, set the thermostat to a lot higher temperature or switch it off. It doesn’t make sense to cool an empty home.
3. Take Advantage of Other Approaches to Cool Your House
You can try a couple other approaches to help keep your house comfortable:
- Use a ceiling fan—By running a ceiling fan, you can raise your thermostat setting an average of 4 degrees with no loss in comfort. Have your fan move counterclockwise when it’s warm out, which pushes cool air upward. This distributes cool air more equally when you’re in the room.
- Keep blinds drawn—Sunlight quickly changes into heat as it comes through windows. Keep your residence cooler by drawing blinds and curtains when you’re not using sunny spaces.
4. Think About Installing a Smart Thermostat
You’ve left home and abruptly realize you failed to turn up the thermostat. Then you worry about it the full day!
Smart thermostats figure out your habits and move the temp when you’re out to help you save money. You can also set the conditions from anywhere with your phone.
These expert tips will all help keep summer energy bills economical. If you think it’s time to modernize your thermostat or need AC installation, give our team a call at 289-273-2229 or contact us online. We’ll help you choose the right solution for your space. And like always, all our services are protected by a 100% satisfaction guarantee.*
*Not applicable to the Advantage Program™. See your signed Advantage Program agreement for full details and exclusions. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is subject to certain restrictions and limitations as set forth in the applicable Terms and Conditions.