When it’s time for a new water heater, energy efficiency is typically near the top of many people’s needs in Niagara Falls. A tankless water heater is a great choice for saving energy. In fact, a tankless water heater is 8–34 percent more energy efficient than a storage water heater, according to energy.gov.
Unlike traditional tank heaters that heat gallons of water and store it for a later time, tankless water heaters use gas burners or electric coils to heat water on an as-needed basis, which could save you a lot on energy costs. Since the heated water isn’t stored for use for later use, you don’t have to pay for standby energy losses like you can with tank heaters. You’ll also benefit from having a continuous supply of hot water. They are compact in size, energy-efficient in design and low-cost to use.
When you turn on a hot water tap, cold water comes through the unit where either a gas burner or an electric element heats it. Then it travels to the tap, where you then have hot water. One thing about tankless water heaters—specifically for bigger homes—is that the flow rate of hot water may not be large enough to accommodate numerous uses at once. One of our experts will help you determine what your flow rate is and give you recommendations based on their analysis.
Some people prefer to install a separate tankless water heater that’s chosen for a specific appliance, like the dishwasher or the clothes washer—or as a booster for a solar water heating system. However, most households in the Niagara Falls area do just fine with a single tankless water heater. Let’s look at some of the bonuses of adding one:
- Most tankless water heaters have a lifetime of 20 years—that’s about twice as long as the lifespan of a regular tank heater.
- Most tankless units have a federal tax rebate.
- Tankless water heaters hardly ever run out of hot water.
- You get better energy efficiency with a tankless water heater because they are more efficient minus standby heat loss and only use the power needed to heat the amount of water needed at any time.
- Tankless models take up much less space than traditional tank water heaters. They can even be mounted on the walls and some can be put in small cupboards or closets. Smaller units can be put in under cabinets or in a closet, closer to where they’ll be used.
With tankless water heaters, you get rid of the probability of flooding due to a ruptured tank. Call Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning today if you want an ENERGY STAR® rated, tankless hot water heater installed in your Niagara Falls home. It’s a great energy-efficient choice for your home. We have quality tankless hot water heater choices, knowledge and expert service—for all your tankless water heater needs, 24/7/365. Give our team a call at 289-273-2229
or request an appointment with us online.